Wednesday, March 14, 2018
1. How many of you are currently looking for a new job? None? I thought so!
- Over the years what specific process did you utilize to get hired, either in a paid or volunteer position?
- How was that process different or similar to the advice from this chapter?
2. Imagine that you are 30-something again…
- What would you have to do differently to get hired today?
3. Lutheran clergy participate in an ELCA-wide call process.
(Pr. Mark now explains the process in mind-numbing detail.)
- How is the call process for clergy unique and beneficial to the church?
4. Expanding the scope of this chapter, many “seekers” today “shop” for potential church homes in similar fashion to their seeking the right job, using the internet as a key tool for exploration.
- What does St. Mark offer to “seekers” looking for a church home?
- How would you, as one of the “owners tasked with hiring,” persuade seekers to consider joining our congregation?